Re: svn commit: r1836239 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/httpd.h modules/http/http_request.c server/mpm/event/event.c server/mpm/motorz/motorz.c server/mpm/simple/simple_io.c server/util_filter.c

On 07/20/2018 02:38 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 07/19/2018 12:36 AM, ylavic@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>>
>>> -    if (!c->data_in_input_filters || ap_run_input_pending(c) != OK) {
>>> +    if (ap_run_input_pending(c) != OK) {
>>
>> We have a different code flow here now. If c->data_in_input_filters is 0, then
>> ap_filter_input_pending does iterate over the ring whereas it did not do before,
>> because it was not called.
>
> Right, though ap_filter_input_pending() iteration is quite cheap, and
> could be even cheaper if pending input and output filters were handled
> separetely (next step...).
>
> I prefer to keep the logic in ap_filter_*_pending() if you don't mind,
> and avoid global c->data_in_*_filter checks all over the place
> (possibly they'll disappear from conn_rec some day).
> For now c->data_in_*_filter are used internally (core) to positively
> force pending data, never negatively (and that's wise I think).

So if c->data_in_input_filters is 0 the iteration is not expected to return OK,
as otherwise we would have an inconsistency between c->data_in_input_filters and the ring, correct?
On the other hand this inconsistency is possible if ap_run_input_pending is called from
other locations in the code than the above where we did not have this !c->data_in_input_filters check, correct?

Regards

Rüdiger