Re: svn commit: r1828926 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy.xml include/ap_mmn.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy_http.c

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:37 AM Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:49 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Bill or Yann, do you remember the specific gotcha with setting aside
> > addl bits and re-using them later?
>
> I've never thought it was an issue (re compat) to add some bit(s) in a
> bitfield if there is a hole, wherever this field is in the struct.
> It doesn't change the size and there is no way for the user to have
> used the address of any bit in the first place (it can't break
> anything IMHO).
> Bill objected to this, I can't remember why (and he is in better
> position to explain it), status quo so far...

Just to be clear, I am talking about claiming the lost ones _before_
the struct is further extended with a reserved :31 (or whatever) as
opposed to going back and claiming gaps from the past. Maybe the
former is OK.