Copying dev@httpd.a.o for completeness.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 10:13 AM
To: apreq-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seven+ years ago, apreq released our most recent distribution, and the code was folded into httpd trunk. Since that time, contrast the apreq-dev and apreq-cvs list activity;

vs discussion and commit activity indicating apreq on the dev/cvs@httpd lists;

I've spent the last few months moderating apreq-dev@h.a.o, deleting ~5-10 emails/day, and this obviously isn't efficient. But it's also confusing that dev@ list equally relevant to apreq-dev@. It's also concerning that any commits on apreq-cvs@ must mirror the commit traffic to httpd trunk (notices to cvs@ list), the two svn notification lists obscure this oversight.

I propose we shutter the apreq -dev and -cvs lists, redirecting all further component/subproject discussion to dev|cvs@httpd.a.o, with a final 'see-here:' post to these  two apreq- lists, for further questions and followup on the active list. Archives will remain available and http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/ website updated (with a comment to indicate apreq in the subject line of mailing list posts, and some actually working archive links.)

If I hear no objection to that plan in the next 72 hours, I'll proceed to ask infra to reroute all svn notices of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/ to the cvs@httpd, and close both apreq-dev/cvs to new traffic. Archives will be preserved. All subproject business would occur on dev@httpd, and I will update the website to make this clear, so there should be no interruption.

If there is objection, let's work through any open concerns first, on this list.

I suspect there are still significant decisions to be made about the state of apreq subproject, but these are best addressed by the larger community at dev@httpd to get the maximum possible participation and consensus.

Yours,

Bill