Re: svn commit: r1831871 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/slotmem/mod_slotmem_shm.c

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 10:35 PM, Christophe Jaillet
<christophe.jaillet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, httpd-2.4.x-balancer_slotmem.patch looks incomplete to me (but it is
> maybe done on purpose).

This is on purpose, or more exactly because trunk changes were
restarted from 2.4.29's code, while 2.4.33 has already some of them.
There is no diff between mod_slotmem_shm.c in trunk and 2.4.x once the
backport proposal is applied...

> The above (spurious) code is not included in the backport proposal.

Was already in 2.4.33, but now with the update to the backport
proposal it's also fixed.

> Also, some code included in r1831871 is also missing. For example, search
> for APLOGNO(02551) or APLOGNO(02553) for example. Message and location have
> change in r1831871, but not in the backport proposal.

Same here, already in 2.4.33.

> Moreover, if the semantic of this message has changed, shouldn't we assign a
> new number?

The semantic didn't change (in 2.4.33 already), the new code adds new
fields to the persisted file, so as much conditions but still with the
same APLOGNOs.

Hope that clarifies things, and thanks for the review Christophe!

Regards,
Yann.