Re: website pointers

up?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Here are 2 theme proposals - don't hesitate to do others, I just picked 2 I like with a MIT license so we can use it:

1. https://www.creative-tim.com/product/now-ui-dashboard : the menu is on the left but I guess it can work for most of our subprojects
2. https://www.creative-tim.com/product/now-ui-kit : more classical but maybe too much "UI" aspects not fitting well tech products

I'm happy to start PoC-ing a maven plugin for our integration with the customization being options of the plugin (colors, title etc) once we agree on a theme

Romain Manni-Bucau

ok, seems easier than I thought (not sure why I thought it was still a mix with confluence): https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/geronimo/content/ :)

let's hack it now. What about picking a free bootstrap theme we can decline with colors (likely one for MP, one for "common container libs" - xbean for instance, one for direct EE (txmgr etc), ...)?
Then we probably just do a small jbake wrapper - something like http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/meecrowave/trunk/meecrowave-doc/src/main/java/org/apache/meecrowave/doc/JBake.java - auto including our theme and switching the color from a maven plugin config to ensure we are ~uniform.

wdyt? Any theme proposal?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Yes John, this thread is about having technical inputs to do it.