Re: HA with HDFS question

Hi Steve,

I think your question is specific to HDFS HA setup.
Flink HA addresses failover issues only for job manager and job meta state.
The storage layer for savepoints/checkpoints and its failover are responsibility of HDFS deployment.
Flink uses HDFS as external system, available over location url.
I am not an expert on HDFS HA deployment. You could have a look into hadoop docs [1].

Best,
Andrey

[1] https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HDFSHighAvailabilityWithQJM.html