Re: How to migrate Kafka Producer ?

Hi Dawid, Piotr,

I see that for the kafka consumer base there are some migration tests here:

As the kafka consumer state is managed on the FlinkKafkaConsumerBase class I assumed this would cover also migration of connectors versions, but maybe I'm missing something (?)

I performed some tests on my own and the migration of the kafka consumer connector worked.

Regarding the kafka producer I am just updating the job with the new connector and removing the previous one and upgrading the job by using a savepoint and the --allowNonRestoredState.
So far my tests with this option are successful.

I appreciate any help here to clarify my understanding.

Regards,
Edward