Flink SQL questions

I am trying to get a minimal Flink SQL program going to test it out.  I have a StreamExecutionEnvironment and from that created a StreamTableEnvironment.  The docs indicate there should be a fromDataStream method to create a Table, but none appears to exist according to Eclipse.  The method registerDataStream is also missing, just registerDataSteramInternal.  The Internal suggests private API to me, so I am asking if the docs are out of date, or I am missing some library or such.  I am using Java 8.0 not Scala.

Michael Latta