Re: When does Trigger.clear() get called?

Hi Andrew,

The PURGE action of a window removes the window state (i.e., the collected events or computed aggregate) but the window meta data including the Trigger remain.
The Trigger.close() method is called, when the winodw is completely (i.e., all meta data) discarded. This happens, when the time (wallclock time for processing time or watermark for event time windows) exceeds the window's end timestamp.

Best, Fabian