Re: Flink SQL does not support rename after cast type

Hi Hequn,
Thanks a lot for your anwswer! The question is clear now.

Best
Henry

在 2018年8月14日,下午1:24,Hequn Cheng <chenghequn@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:

Hi Henry,

Flink does support rename column after casting.

The exception is not caused by cast. It is caused by mixing of types, for example,  the query
"CASE 1 WHEN 1 THEN true WHEN 2 THEN 'string' ELSE NULL END"
will throw the same exception since type of true and 'string' are not same.

Best, Hequn.