Re: watermark does not progress

Hi John,

Watermarks cannot make progress if you have stream partitions that do not carry any data.
What kind of source are you using?

Best,
Fabian

Hi Johe,

In local mode, it should also work.
When you debug, you can set a breakpoint in the getCurrentWatermark method to see if you can enter the method and if the behavior is what you expect.
What is your source? If you post your code, it might be easier to locate.
In addition, for positioning watermark, you can also refer to this email[1].

Thanks, vino.

John O <song.o@xxxxxxxxxxx> 于2018年8月15日周三 上午9:44写道:

I am noticing that watermark does not progress as expected when running locally in IDE. It just stays at Long.MIN

I am using EventTime processing and have tried both these time extractors.

·         assignAscendingTimestamps ...

·         assignTimestampsAndWatermarks(BoundedOutOfOrdernessTimestampExtractor) ...

Also, configured the environment as so
env.setStreamTimeCharacteristic(TimeCharacteristic.EventTime)

If I run the job on a flink cluster, I do see the watermark progress.

Is watermarking not supported in local mode?

Thanks

Jo