Re: ClassCastException when writing to a Kafka stream with Flink + Python

Hi Joe,

ping Chesnay for you, please wait for the reply.

Thanks, vino.

Joe Malt <jmalt@xxxxxxxx> 于2018年8月15日周三 上午7:16写道:
Hi,

I'm trying to write to a Kafka stream in a Flink job using the new Python streaming API.

My program looks like this:
def main(factory):

props = Properties()
props.setProperty("bootstrap.servers",configs['kafkaBroker'])

consumer = FlinkKafkaConsumer010([configs['kafkaReadTopic']], SimpleStringSchema(), props)
producer = FlinkKafkaProducer010(configs['kafkaWriteTopic'], SimpleStringSchema(), props)

env = factory.get_execution_environment()

stream = env.add_java_source(consumer)

stream.output() # this works (prints to a .out file)
stream.add_sink(producer) # producing to this causes the exception

env.execute()
I'm getting a ClassCastException when trying to output to the FlinkKafkaProducer:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.python.core.PyUnicode cannot be cast to java.lang.String
	at org.apache.flink.api.common.serialization.SimpleStringSchema.serialize(SimpleStringSchema.java:36)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.util.serialization.KeyedSerializationSchemaWrapper.serializeValue(KeyedSerializationSchemaWrapper.java:46)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.FlinkKafkaProducer010.invoke(FlinkKafkaProducer010.java:355)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.python.api.functions.PythonSinkFunction.invoke(PythonSinkFunction.java:48)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.python.api.functions.PythonSinkFunction.invoke(PythonSinkFunction.java:37)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamSink.processElement(StreamSink.java:56)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.pushToOperator(OperatorChain.java:579)

It seems that the Python string isn't getting converted to a java.lang.String, which should happen automatically in Jython.

I've tried adding a MapFunction that maps each input to String(input)where String is the constructor for java.lang.String. This made no difference; I get the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe Malt

Software Engineering Intern