Re: Select node for a Flink DataStream execution

Hi Rafael,

Flink does not support the interaction of DataStream in two Jobs.
I don't know what your scene is.
Usually if you need two stream interactions, you can import them into the same job.
You can do this through the DataStream join/connect API.[1]

[1]: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/stream/operators/

Thanks, vino.

Rafael Leira Osuna <rafael.leira@xxxxxx> 于2018年8月13日周一 下午6:35写道:
Thanks for your replay Vino,

I've checked your solution and it may solve my requirements. However it presents a newer issue: How can 2 different jobs interact with?
As said, I'm new at this, and all I know is the basis to create and interconect diffent datastreams over the same job / java.class.

I know a possible solution may be to create TCP sockets and interconect the jobs by myself, but my final objetive here is to evaluate how flink performs over different media and data while I measure it's vertical scalability (for an academia study + my phd). In the custom tcp-socket solution, I would be testing my own (and maybe not the best) implementation instead the flink's one.

Is it possible to interconnect two different jobs using flink's API? I did not found much on google but maybe because I dont know what I really should search for. If there is a way to interconect 2 jobs then your proposed solution should work fine, if not, should I assume flink current implementation won't allow me to select "job-steps" over "defined-nodes"?
Thanks again Vino and anyone who helps,

Rafael.