From: Naum Gjorgjeski <naum_gj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:05 AM
To: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Yahoo Streaming Benchmark on a Flink 1.5 cluster

Hi,

I am trying to run the data Artisans version  of the Yahoo Streaming Benchmark. The benchmark applications are  written for Flink 1.0.1. However, I need them to run on a Flink 1.5  cluster. When I try to build the benchmark applications with any version  of Flink from 1.3.0 or higher, I get many compile errors. The compile  errors state that some of the classes and methods cannot be found  (because part of the Flink API has changed in recent versions).

The classes that cannot be found are:
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kafka.partitioner.FixedPartitioner
org.apache.flink.api.common.state.OperatorState
org.apache.flink.api.common.state.StateBackend
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.AsynchronousStateHandle
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.StateHandle
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTaskState
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.AbstractStateBackend.CheckpointStateOutputView

The methods that cannot be found are:
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamOperator.snapshotOperatorState(long,long)
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.getStateBackend()
org.apache.flink.runtime.state.AbstractStateBackend.createCheckpointStateOutputView(long,long)

I was able to find a substitution for few of them (e.g. using FlinkFixedPartitioner  instead of FlinkPartitioner), but for most of them there are no  straightforward substitutions. Could you please give me an advice on how  to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Naum