Re: Flink Rebalance

Hi Fabian

Thank you, yes there are just map functions, i will do it that way with methods to get it faster

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 5:58 AM Fabian Hueske <fhueske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Elias and Paul have good points.
I think the performance degradation is mostly to the lack of function chaining in the rebalance case.

If all steps are just map functions, they can be chained in the no-rebalance case.
That means, records are passed via function calls.
If you add rebalancing, records will be passed between map functions via serialization, network transfer, and deserialization.
This is of course much more expensive than calling a method.

Best, Fabian

Hi Antonio,

AFAIK, there are two reasons for this:

1. Rebalancing itself brings latency because it takes time to redistribute the elements.
2. Rebalancing also messes up the order in the Kafka topic partitions, and often makes a event-time window wait longer to trigger in case you’re using event time characteristic.

Best Regards,
Paul Lam

在 2018年8月10日,05:49,antonio saldivar <ansale10@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:

Hello

Sending ~450 elements per second ( the values are in milliseconds start to end)
I went from:
with Rebalance
+------------+
AVGWINDOW  |