checkpoint recovery behavior when kafka source is set to start from timestamp

Hi Experts,

In my application, the kafka source is set to start from a specified timestamp, by calling method FlinkKafkaConsumer010#setStartFromTimestamp(long startupOffsetsTimestamp).

If the application have run a while and then recover from a checkpoint because of failure, what's the offset will the kafka source to read from? I suppose it will read from the offset that has been committed before the failure. Is it right?

I am going to verify it, however some clarification is good in case my test result doesn't meet my assumption.

Best

Yan