Akka Http used in custom RichSourceFunction

Hi All,

I wrote a custom source function (RichSourceFunction) which connects to a web socket using the Akka Http Library. The job using this source runs fine on a local environment until upon shutdown I see the following error in the log: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: akka.actor.ActorSystem.shutdown()V"

My impression is the issue is caused by a version conflict between flink's akka dependency and my own one (due to akka http). This seems to be related to this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-9240

Can I somehow avoid this conflict?
If not, does this mean I should avoid using Akka (or at least other versions than Flink's) within my sources/sinks?
Or can I safely catch and ignore the error?

My dependencies are:
Flink: 1.4.2
akka-actor: 2.5.12
akka-stream: 2.5.12