Re: Data sink finishes before previous task finishes

Hi,

I don't know why this should happen. AFAIK, operators should transition to the finished state after their input operator finished.
Canceling in case of a failure is a different thing, but obviously not the case here.

This might be a bug.
@Till, do you know what might cause such behavior in Flink 1.2.x?

Best, Fabian

Hi,

I’m still using Flink 1.2.1 on some production streams and I’m seeing this weird behavior where I’m seeing the flatMap stay in running while the data sink is in finished state. What’s causing this behavior?

Regina Chan

Goldman Sachs Enterprise Platforms, Data Architecture

30 Hudson Street, 37th floor | Jersey City, NY 07302 (  (212) 902-5697

Your Personal Data: We may collect and process information about you that may be subject to data protection laws. For more information about how we use and disclose your personal data, how we protect your information, our legal basis to use your information, your rights and who you can contact, please refer to: www.gs.com/privacy-notices