this is currently not possible. Could you please open a JIRA issue for this feature to be added. I think in the end the change should be not resetting the CREATED timestamp when calling `ExecutionGraph#restart()`.

Cheers,
Till

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 6:34 PM, Bajaj, Abhinav <abhinav.bajaj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Adding my team mate.

~ Abhinav Bajaj

From: "Bajaj, Abhinav" <abhinav.bajaj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 9:30 AM
To: "user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Flink 1.2.1 - Job initial start time

Hi,

Is there a way to know the initial start time of a job? I am looking for the first time job was started and not the time of the restart.

It seems the “start-time” reported by monitoring API under joboverview is reset after a restart.

Also, it seems the “start-time” & “timestamps” under job details are also reset when a job is restarted.

I expected the “CREATED” date under “timestamps” to be initial created time of the job but it is reset after a job is restarted.

We are using Flink 1.2.1 and trying to figure out a way to find the initial start time, if possible.

Thanks,

Abhinav Bajaj