RE: Looking for a working POM file example for EMR cluster

From: Sandybayev, Turar (CAI - Atlanta) <Turar.Sandybayev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:23:22 PM
To: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Looking for a working POM file example for EMR cluster

Hi,

I'm looking for a sample POM file that works when running on EMR cluster. I'm new to Flink and EMR, so I'm simply following AWS EMR documentation on Flink and I am creating a Step and submitting my program JAR file. My program is just a slight modification of the Wikipedia example.

I was trying to follow an example from AWS reference architecture for their Taxi events example: https://github.com/aws-samples/flink-stream-processing-refarch/blob/master/flink-taxi-stream-processor/pom.xml

However, I've been seeing various errors having to do with dependencies and ClassNotFoundExceptions for basic common Flink dependencies. I tried removing excludes from the maven-shade-plugin section of the POM file from the reference architecture, and now I'm seeing the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" com.typesafe.config.ConfigException$UnresolvedSubstitution: Could not resolve substitution to a value: ${akka.stream.materializer}

If I run a local Flink cluster and submit my JAR, I'm not seeing any issues with pretty much any way I modify the POM file. I would greatly appreciate if someone can point me to a working POM example.

Thanks!
Turar