Replaying logs with microsecond delay

Hi

I am trying to replay a log file in which each record has a timestamp associated with it. The time difference between the records is of the order of microseconds. I am trying to replay this log maintaining the same delay between the records (using Thread.sleep()) and sending it to a socket. And then the Flink program reads the incoming data from this socket. Currently, replay of the entire log file takes much more time (3 times) then the expected time (last_timstamp - first_timstamp).

I wanted to know what are the standard ways of replaying log files if one wants to maintain the same arrival delay between the records.

Let me know if I am not clear above.

Thanks
Dhruv Kumar
PhD Candidate
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Minnesota
www.dhruvkumar.me