Re: Using two different configurations for StreamExecutionEnvironment

I suggest to run jobs in the IDE only as tests. This allows you to use various Flink utilities to setup a cluster with your desired configuration, all while keeping these details out of the actual job code.

If you are using 1.5-SNAPSHOT, have a look at the MiniClusterResource class. The class can be used as a jUnit Rule and takes care of everything needed to run any job against the cluster it sets up internally.

For previous versions have your test class extend StreamingMultipleProgramsTestBase.

The test method would simply call the main method of your job.