Re: Taskmanager with multiple slots vs running multiple taskmanagers with 1 slot each

Hi Andre,

I cannot speak on behalf of everyone but I would recommend 1 TM with multiple slots.
This way you pay the “fixed costs” of running a TM (like allocating memory for network buffers,
launching thread pools, exchanging heartbeat messages etc) only once.

On the flip-side, this means that you have less isolation among the tasks running on the different
slots, as one misbehaving task can bring down the TM. But flink will take care of restarting the
running tasks on another TM.

I hope this helps,
Kostas