Re: Using RocksDB as State Backend over a Distributed File System

Hi,

I'm agree with Stefan. I think you can look at this document, given here: Apache Flink 1.4 Documentation:Checkpointing

Best,
Qingxiang Ma.

Hi,

I think there is a misunderstanding. RocksDB state backend always operates on local disk of the node that runs your task to give you optimal performance. You can think of this as a transient working area that does not require any durability. Durability always happens through checkpoints (or savepoints) which, in turn, go to a distributed storage. Checkpoints and checkpoints are like a consistent moment-in-time image of the backends content and can be used to recover under failure (checkpoints) or manually resume your job (savepoints).

Best,
Stefan