Re: Standalone HA Cluster using Shared Zookeeper

Hi Andre,

Sharing a Zookeeper cluster between Kafka and Flink should be OK.

If you're running just one cluster, you could in principle keep the default.
However, I'd change the configuration just in case.
Otherwise, you might get into trouble when you (accidentally) run another Flink setup.

Best, Fabian

Hello All,

I am planning on setting up a Standalone HA Cluster using the same Zookeeper
cluster I've that is managing a Kafka Cluster. The Zookeeper cluster for
Kafka has a /kafka chroot specified and for flink the chroot would be /flink
(so they are isolated).

Are there any downsides to this approach?

Also what is the purpose of this configuration:

   high-availability.cluster-id: /default_ns # important: customize per
cluster

Since I am not planning on running multiple HA clusters, do I have to worry
about this i.e. setting it to the default is good enough ?

Thanks,
Andre