Signal for End of Stream

Hi

Is there a way I can capture the end of stream signal for streams which are replayed from historical data? I need the end of stream signal to tell the Flink program to finish its execution.

Below is the use case in detail:
1. An independent log replayer program sends the records to a socket (identified by ip address and port).
2. Flink program reads the incoming records via socketTextStream from the above mentioned socket, applies a KeyBy operator on the incoming records and then does some processing, finally writing them to another socket.

How do I tell the Flink program to finish its execution? Is there any information which I can add to the records while they are sent from the replayer program and which can be parsed when the records arrive inside the Flink program?

Let me know if anything is not clear.

Thanks

Dhruv Kumar
PhD Candidate
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Minnesota
www.dhruvkumar.me