Re: Question: Flink JIRA issues for simple code comment improvements

Hello Till,

it's a good point you are bringing up here. One of the reasons why there
> are some irregularities is that the code has grown quite a bit over time.
> Another is that we have established checkstyle rules but they are not yet
> activated for all modules because the initial effort to fix all violations
> was too high. The idea was to enable more and more checkstyle rules once we
> have fixed the issues. As a consequence, many contributors fix the
> irregularites (wrt checkstyle) when they are touching a component but don't
> do this as a task alone.

In that sense I would say to open a PR if you've already made the work but
> in the future I would refrain from doing solely minor comment cleanup work
> because the review load is already quite a bit for the community to handle
> and these PRs might simply not get enough attention.

I didn't do something that extensive so I will get to the comments on the
files I touch for the Flink functionality JIRA issues I tackle.
That would be in line with what you said.

Thanks again.

Best,