Question: Flink JIRA issues for simple code comment improvements

 Hello,

I want to start contributing to the Apache Flink code base and have a
question.

While reading the code, I found small inconsistencies in the way comments
are written
(highly irrelevant but still noticeable) such as some function argument
comments ending in a period while others do not, among other minor
irregularities.

As an initial way to grasp how to contribute, I thought about opening a
JIRA issue to contribute with corrections to a specific file.
For example, I was looking at the
org.apache.flink.runtime.executiongraph.Execution.java file.

Is this sort of contribution acceptable and desirable, or would it be to
much of a waste of time for the maintainers?

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Miguel Coimbra