[jira] [Created] (FLINK-10153) Add tutorial section to documentation
Fabian Hueske created FLINK-10153:
Summary: Add tutorial section to documentation
Issue Type: Improvement
Reporter: Fabian Hueske
Assignee: Fabian Hueske
The current documentation does not feature a dedicated tutorials section and has a few issues that should be fix in order to help our (future) users getting started with Flink.
I propose to add a single "Tutorials" section to the documentation where users find step-by-step guides. The tutorials section help users with different goals:
* Get a quick idea of the overall system
* Implement a DataStream/DataSet/Table API/SQL job
* Set up Flink on a local machine (or run a Docker container)
There are already a few guides to get started but they are located at different places and should be moved into the Tutorials section. Moreover, some sections such as "Project Setup" contain content that addresses users with very different intentions.
I propose to
* add a new Tutorials section and move all existing tutorials there (and later add new ones).
* move the "Quickstart" section to "Tutorials".
* remove the "Project Setup" section and move the pages to other sections (some pages will be split up or adjusted).
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA