Re: Cherry picking FLINK-9753 and FLINK-9753 on release-1.6

I would be in favor of including FLINK-9903 and FLINK-9753 in Flink 1.6
because they add more value for the user at a comparable small risk of
breaking the system since it is a connector. So +1 for cherry picking these
two commits.

Cheers,
Till