Re: AsyncIOExample.SampleAsyncFunction

I've commented in the PR.

On 06.07.2018 19:07, NEKRASSOV, ALEXEI wrote:
lamber-ken has an open PR (https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/6247) that touches AsyncIOExample.java
Do we need a new JIRA for the code cleanup that Chesnay recommends, or it can be done as part of the open PR and [FLINK-9730]?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chesnay Schepler [mailto:chesnay@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2018 9:48 AM
To: dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; NEKRASSOV, ALEXEI <an4828@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: AsyncIOExample.SampleAsyncFunction

Correct, either counter must be made static, or both the executorService and random non-static (which makes the counter unnecessary).

For an example I would regard the latter as preferable to ensure that instances don't interfere with each other.

As for your question, for a given instance open() is only called once.