Re: [PROPOSAL] Introduce Elastic Bloom Filter For Flink

Hi,

I did a survey of the variants of Bloom Filter and the Cuckoo filter these days. Finally, I found 3 of them maybe adaptable for our purpose.

1. standard bloom filter (which we have implemented base on this and used it on production with a good experience)
2. cuckoo filter, also a very good filter which is a space-efficient data structures and support fast query(even faster then BF, but the insert maybe a little slower than BF), addtional it support delete() operation.
3. count bloom filter, a variant of BF, it supports delete()operation, but need to cost 4-5x memory than the standard bloom filter(so, I'm not sure whether it's adaptable in practice).

Anyway, these filters are just the smallest storage unit in this "Elastic Bloom Filter", we can define a general interface, and provide different implementation of "storage unit"  base on different filter if we want. Maybe I should change the PROPOSAL name to the "Introduce Elastic Filter For Flink", the ideal of approach that I outlined in the doc is very similar to the paper "Optimization and Applications of Dynamic Bloom Filters(http://ijarcs.info/index.php/Ijarcs/article/viewFile/826/814)"(compare to the paper, the approach I outlined could have a better query performance and also support the RELAXED TTL), maybe it can help to understand the desgin doc. Looking forward any feedback!

Best, Sihua