Saving SharedOb jet to local filesystem

Since several years we are saving some information from a Flex Web-Application to the local filesystem. The created file was stored in the users homedirectory under „Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/<identifier>/<URL for the webapp>/<name of the SWF file>/<filename>.sol“ (on a Mac). Since some weeks, this has changed. Nothing is stored anymore, but reading the „sol“ file is working. Now I had a look to that file and removed it from the filesystem, trying to create it new. As I mentioned the browser (in my case Firefox) created a new file, but with the extension „sxx“ instead of „sol“. Does anybody have an idea about this changed behavior ?

Regars