Re: Ad hoc iOS builds still don't run on AIR 30

If anyone on this email list have run into this problem with AIR 30, please vote for the issue here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198657 <https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198657>

I expect that most of you are putting off going to AIR 30 because AIR 28, and 29 wasted so much of our time. That's the only reason I can think of why there aren't 100+ votes for this issue by now.

We need to mobilize the kind of response we gave Adobe about discontinuing 32 bit support. That was a group effort.

So please try AIR 30 (the installer works perfectly now, by the way thanks to the Apache Flex installer team) and if you have this problem (unable to run or debug ad hoc builds), please vote and comment and post to the public forum thread that Douglas includes below.

Thanks for your help. I'm beginning to wonder if the Adobe AIR team was laid off and the development work was contracted out to some service firm that doesn't know anything about the AIR codebase. I just can't remember the last bad AIR release. Now there have been 3 bad AIR releases (of course I have to let Adobe off the hook for 28 since that was an Apple decision). Still, even two bad AIR releases in a row is not a good sign.

I am tired of using my Android device for all development and debugging since it takes forever to package the apk.

Erik

On Jul 16, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Douglas McCarroll <list.apache-flex.001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Erik, and All,

> Can any of you debug or run a local build on iOS using AIR 30?

I can't debug. I haven't tried a local build or ad hoc deployment, but it
looks to me as though these are all manifestations of a single underlying
problem.

See this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10500479#10500479

And this bug: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198657

I encourage all who encounter this problem to chime in, vote for the bug,
etc. It seems that Adobe may be unsure whether this is a real problem, or
just devs who don't know how to set up their certificates etc. correctly.

Douglas