Re: Enable/Disable MenuItems before Display

Can't you just bind the enabled property of your nativemenuitems to
whatever expression gives you the availability of the item, no matter if
it's shown or not, so you are sure it's always in the correct state?

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/display/NativeMenuItem.html#enabled