Re: Restarting an AIR desktop application

Perhaps you can try to do what the Flex Installer does?

The gist is to download the new file, execute it and then exit itself after
a short timeout.

Please take a look at:
https://github.com/apache/flex-utilities/blob/master/installer/src/org/apache/flex/packageflexsdk/view/UpdaterDialog.mxml

Function: installFromFile()