Change highlightTextColor on ButtonBar iOS7 Skin?

Hi.

I'm using the iOS7 Skin for the Spark ButtonBar.

How do I change the color of the 'highlightTextColor' (the text color of the
label on the button that is selected) when I initialize the component in
action script?

At the moment I am creating a copy of IOS7ButtonBarButtonSkinBase.as from
the Flex SDK and changing the highlighted line:
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/t997/bb.png>

to hard code it to a color of my choice, then am packaging this skin with
the build.

Is there any way to set the style of 'highlightTextColor' in code when I
create a new ButtonBar rather then me having to package a hardcoded skin?

setStyle('highlightTextColor', 0x.....) on the ButtonBar instance does not
work....

Thanks