Re: Memory Leak

Alex, I took a different but similar approach. I created a small class, and
kept adding stuff to it until it failed. I determined it failed using the
profiler. I did this back in December, but resolving this seems like it will
take a fair amount of dedicated sleuthing. Large blocks of time can be hard
to come by.

So how would you resolve the issue where the drop down event listener is
added to the stage? I assume this is an example of a number of similar
things that can bite me in the butt.

Can I override the event listeners in the stage? If so, how do I determine
which events are pointing to things that I have removed, or am about to
remove?

Is there a way to tell all event listeners to use weak references?