[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Trying to get by the Apple Rejections for non-public API callsw

Hi Erik,

Did you figure out what your problem was here? I'm getting the same error
with AIR

I followed the directions here ...


... to create the combined Flex/AIR SDK. If I understand correctly this
simply boils down to:

   - Download and extract AIR SDK (the "for Flex" version) and the Flex SDK
   - Copy the extracted AIR SDK files into the Flex SDK folder
   - Update your -app.xml files to reflect the new AIR version

I'm not using the Flex installer app because it times out after the first
screen ~97% of the time, and fails for other reasons in the remaining 3% of


On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 7:58 PM, Erik J. Thomas <erik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey all:
> We got bit today by the new non-public API rejection notice from Apple due
> to AIR making these non-public calls:
> https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2472510 <https://forums.adobe.com/
> thread/2472510>
> But Adobe just created a special build of AIR that fixes this
> issue but I can't figure out how to upgrade just the AIR SDK on top of my
> Flex SDK 4.16.1 release. I can't use the FlexSDK installer because it
> doesn't have the pre-release AIR build with the fix for Apple
> rejections.
> Piotr, did you embed the new 122 build into the latest FlexSDK installer I
> read about a few days ago? I use the Flex SDK installer normally to install
> new SDKs that embeds the AIRSDK you choose from the install menu.
> Assuming Piotr did not use build 122 in latest Flex SDK installer because
> his last message about the installer was before Adobe released 122 patch.
> So I tried following these directions:
> https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/how-overlay-
> air-sdk-flex-sdk.html <https://helpx.adobe.com/x-
> productkb/multi/how-overlay-air-sdk-flex-sdk.html>
> But am getting compiler errors:
> Information:4/17/18, 4:43 PM - Compilation completed with 3 errors and 0
> warnings in 11s 891ms
> Error:[FlexCommons]: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out
> Error:[FlexCommons]: Exception in thread "main"
> Error:[FlexCommons]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> flex2/tools/VersionInfo
>         at com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler.<clinit>(
> FlexCompiler.java:19)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: flex2.tools.VersionInfo
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
>         ... 1 more
> Does anyone know how to manually overlay an unreleased version of AIR SDK
> 29 onto FlexSDK 4.16.1? I'm sure this is some simple thing I'm doing wrong.
> Thanks for your help!
> Erik