Re: Setup on Containers

Hi Courage,

I also checked out the work you have done on containers as I also plan to
deploy the Fineract CN services to the cloud. Would you mind explaining a
few things for me:

1. I tried running the scripts (taken from your GitHub fork) locally (I
always find I need to be able to run anything locally first before
deploying to anywhere else).
I tried out both the Kubernetes scripts (with Minikube) and the
docker-compose scripts. I didn't manage to get them running because of the
hardcoded IP addresses (there is no easy method in mac to have several
static IP addresses at the same time). I don't have much experience with
deploying container-based
systems so if you could elaborate on the topic a bit and if it would make
sense to
to replace IP addresses with service names or aliases.

2. The docker-compose.yml in root directory has all of the services besides
rythm-ms commented out. Can one just comment other services back in or is
there some work that needs to be done first?

3. I think I found a typo in external-scripts/docker-compose.yml
You have mapped Cassandra port 9042 to port 9142 for the outside world but
I think it should be still 9042. I created a pull request for you repo to
fix this.

I hope you have a chance to help me with my questions.

Thanks
Juhan Aasaru

Kontakt Courage Angeh (<courageangeh@xxxxxxxxx>) kirjutas kuupäeval K, 26.
detsember 2018 kell 17:29: