Re: Fineract CN observations from a newcomer

Hi!

Thanks for the edit privileges, Ed and Isaac.
I now made changes to both wiki pages.

In "How to build Fineract CN"
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/How+To+Build+Apache+Fineract+CN
I restructured step 1 into a table for better readability across Linux/Mac.
I hope one day someone with Windows adds a separate column for Windows
specific instructions.

I made forking all the libraries optional in step 2. If someone comes back
with why the forking is needed
then I'm happy to remove the option that suggests directly cloning apache
repositories.

I still have trouble understanding Step 3 so I couldn't do anything there
now.
Is there anyone who could please explain to me how this works.
I tried to formalize my confusion into concrete questions:

1. Do I have to run Cassandra and MySQL/MariaDB locally for both options -
A and B described under step 3?
2. Is running fineract-cn-cassandra and fineract-cn-mariadb optional (when
choosing option B)?
3. If one chooses Option A and runs fineract-cn-cassandra and
fineract-cn-mariadb microservices then what is the value added by these
services?
Are these services like middlemen between the actual database?
4. How do the ports work when one decides to run fineract-cn-cassandra.
Locally installed Cassandra listens port 9042, fineract-cn-cassandra
connects to that but what port does it serve?

Thanks!
Juhan Aasaru

Kontakt Isaac Kamga (<isaac.kamga@xxxxxxxxx>) kirjutas kuupäeval N, 20.
detsember 2018 kell 03:07: