Re: Announcement: Fineract 1.2.0.RELEASE

Santosh,

Thank you for your efforts in communicating out what is planned to ship in
the forthcoming release. I regret that I wasn't able to give feedback on
the subject line nor the inadvertent inclusion of the dev@community list.
This process is an iterative one and we'll continue to improve over time -
thanks to Myrle and James for the feedback.

However the overall intent of your message should be clear and
understandable to the community based on the planning of the release that
begin all the way back in March. See
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3425786e16615a51cf74336b56b74b968ca5f7ad61357e9645252923@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E
for the discussion of this release.

This discussion has in fact carried on (without any input unfortunately)
related to review and merging of the PRs that had been identified in that
initial planning process throughout the past several months.

Discussion of the process we're following in publishing the release notes,
prior to a vote was held back in March as well. -
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a4ffe1c291bffe54e5ff5a1b6bd778a5607297f00ff9265529c94441@%3Cdev.fineract.apache.org%3E

@James Dailey <jamespdailey@xxxxxxxxx> - Santosh did include the link to
the release notes (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319420&version=12342856)
which has all the tickets that have the fix version of 1.2.0 assigned to
them that have been completed, merged and with QA complete/underway.

Next time, I'll have him include the actual links to those tickets in the
body of the email which is something both of us considered

Going forward we could have included these additional links:

Fineract 1.2 Release Page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/1.2.0+-+Apache+Fineract
- primarily contains the release notes which have been linked above.
JIRA Filter for tickets tagged 1.2:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-667?filter=12345264

*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative