Fineract-CN getting to a build or get hosted

FIRST...
I'm trying to follow the instructions to get to a build, per
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/How+To+Build+Apache+Fineract+CN
.
I will provide some feedback on this if I can get further, but at the
moment the Builds are failing.

I wonder if anyone has had issues with this script
<https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-demo-server/blob/develop/scripts/Unix/initial-setup.sh>
 and the builds of each of the microservices and how to troubleshoot?

I keep getting an error during "* Configuring > 0/1 projects > root project
> Resolving dependencies ':classpath'"   *
for each of the builds (I think it would be the script line: > /gradlew
publishToMavenLocal )

https://pastebin.com/XHz4JZQg  for output

I think I skipped this step:  "Ensure that artifacts are in
$USER_HOME/.m2/repository"
,

$USER_HOME/.m2 exists but is empty

When/how is the repository supposed to be created?

Macintosh-2:fineractCN jamesdailey$ mvn -version

*Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe;
2018-06-17T11:33:14-07:00)*

Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.5.4/libexec

Java version: 1.7.0_79, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home/jre

OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.13.6", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
---
SECOND...
At the end of the day, what I am really trying to get to is a deployment of
Fineract-CN with a server on AWS or Google or other hosted infrastructure.
This makes me think I should follow
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Containerizing+Fineract+CN
to get to a run time version.

The key think I would like to get is a set of basic APIs visible so that
other devs (I have a small group I would like to bring into the project)
can do some basic app work, and that might hopefully extend
https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-fims-web-app  . Additional
microservices may be needed.

Thanks