Re: [ DISCUSS ] Apache Fineract CN Tentative Community Roadmap

Hi All -

I believed I had enough lazy consensus to document what I *think* is the
approach we are advocating.  I took some liberties perhaps with the
different phases, but hopefully this is good.  If not, debate and comments
welcome!

Here are the key pages I changed and added content to on the wiki.  I see
the wiki as a more permanent place for "memorializing" community
decisions.  If these are not clear community decisions, please speak up and
say so.  For example, I think that while we cannot officially release until
we've resolved the x-dependency issues, I also don't think it is required
to solve those *first*. I would advocate for demonstrating the design
approach and reducing barriers for developers as a priority before we go
down the rat hole of tackling data persistence and test framework
dependencies on MariaDB.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Apache+Fineract+CN+Community+Roadmap

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Fineract+CN+Functional+Specifications
-

Please do comment on those pages or respond to this email on-list.

Again, I think we had a consensus on Myrle's statement to only use the
existing (limited and ready to go) microservices with a target of a mobile
payment app.

Thanks,
James