Re: [Discussion] Fineract CN SMS & Email Notifications Project

Hi Ebenezer,

I was just looking through this thread and your ongoing work since May
2018.  Nice work.

In your design, I was wondering if there is a place to make messages
conditional on various flags in other data tables.  That is, as an example,
for some customers, we send out "Urgent Reminder, you missed last payment
and owe new amount" while for other customers we send out "Normal payment
due" message.  Is this sort of logic in scope?  Could you imagine that your
code could be extended in this direction?

Second, from a security point of view, have you noticed any
issues/challenges we should think about and then address in the overall
architecture?  I guess I am riffing off the use of an admin user as the
default account required for sending messages.  Is the scope of this user
at the right level for this task?  Is the permitted-feign-client
documentation useful and complete on cwiki?  You've been into this code now
for a while and may have useful observations that could benefit the
community.

Third, once this service is available, does it automatically get included
in any deployment and/or is it optionally included and invoked?  This may
be a larger question for the architects, but I'm trying to understand how
the various available microservices would be combined (or not) in different
deployment situations.

Thanks,
~james