Re: Status of Demo Server on Apache VM Infrastructure

Hello Avik,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 5:24 PM Avik Ganguly <avikganguly010@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am assuming that the suggested form of development for Fineract CN is to
> write unit tests to test the code which you just wrote locally and then
> push the code to a remote cluster or a massive VM and wait 40+ minutes to
> run the API / integration tests there. A lot of the confusion regarding the
> stacktraces in identity, rhythm, timeouts and auto-shutdown might or might
> not have anything to do with the resource crunch in my local. (i7, 8GB,
> SSD)
>
> Maybe a FAQ section in "How to build Fineract CN" to help devs with local
> setup would go a long way to bring in contributions to the core modules.

With the right specifications on your local (i7, 16GB, SSD), you could test
your changes instead of having to use a remote VM. So far, what we've done
is to ask developers like Graham and Karthik with new knowledge to edit
their experiences into the page.
A FAQ section in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/How+To+Build+Apache+Fineract+CN
is very welcome and helpful. Maybe you could start by synthesizing the
above paragraph into the first Q and A.