Progress report on containerizing Fineract CN
I am starting this new thread so that it can be used to monitor the
progress in containerizing Fineract CN.
I have written the documentation
needed to set up the desired environment. I will update the documentation
based on the feedback from the community.
I have also moved the code based to
It's quite messy as of now since I was concentrating on making some
functionalities work but I will clean it up ASAP.
So what works:
- I have implemented the necessary scripts to containerize and deploy
the Finerct service and external service i.e Cassandra, MariaDB, Eureka,
and ActiveMQ, using Docker, docker-compose, and Kubernetes.
- I have implemented scripts to start up and shut down the system when
deploying using docker compose
- I am currently implementing a provisioning script that supposed to
provision the system after deployment. I am following the deployment
strategy defined in Demo Server's ServiceRunner.java file. So far the
1. Registers the up and running microservices via the provisioner
2. Then starts provisioning a tenant. As of now, it registers the tenant
via provisioner, -> authenticates as an administrator, -> assigns identity
manager for the tenant, -> creates the scheduler user, -> enables the
scheduler user's account, then logins in ready to provision the other
I will clean up the code base before continue working on the other
Work to be done:
- Implement script to provision Rythm, organization, customer, ledger,
portfolio, deposit-account-manager, teller, report, cheque payroll and group
- Implement migration script
- Upgrade bash script so it could be more user-friendly like
Linux commands and their man pages
- We could also use a Configuration management like ansible or puppet to
manage the configurations required to deploy the system.
So that's the progress of the project as of now, I will continue updating
this thread as I make progress on the project. I will be happy to have the
community join this train :-)