lower the barriers to contribution, branching

I'd like to promote discussion on this topic again with a little haiku:

code contributed
lives on, makes a difference
share a branch, git-style
practical beats purity*

monitor beauty
just gate-keep for quality
coding wise DRY KISS!
community over code

-jamesD
*derivative attribution to line 9 of Zen of Python

--- to quote myself, as poets may do: