Re: Call for Mentors - 2018 Google Code-In - Applications open September 6-17 - contest begins October 23rd for students

Hi Ed and Community

I think this is a terrific program and brings many new developers to an
awareness of the challenges and opportunities of an open source project as
well as the world of finance, financial inclusion and cool technologies
that they want to learn.

I would echo Ed's request - this needs to be driven more by the community,
so that the lift for the org of Mifos or the PMC of Fineract is less.

I would also suggest that we collectively need to be sure to only take on
students and projects that are going to be useful to the project and
community overall - being pragmatic about resources including our volunteer
resources is really important.  I'm curious if the code contributions last
year led to either a) contributions that are part of a release and/or b) an
ongoing developer being involved.  Those would be my suggested metrics.

James