Re: Code Committ Process for Fineract Committers

Hi Mexina,

Coming back to your questions

1.) Theoretically we should be making sure all the integration tests
work before we merge a PR.  But we currently have no continuous
integration (CI) processes in place to build or run those integration
tests which means that it's up to individual developers to do it
themselves.  Hence it is possible for a committer to merge something
which breaks an integration test.  For this reason I suggest running
the integration tests on the changeset you want to merge your changes
with to get a baseline.  This is an area we need to do better in, and
I welcome anyone who wants to put in the time.

By the way, the attachment you mentioned didn't reach the mailing
list.  A lot of people use pastebin and post links, but I'm not a fan
of that approach since that stuff doesn't get archived.  For pure text
files, you may be able to copy/paste out the interesting parts into
your email.  Whatever approach you chose, if you want to be sure that
what you sent also reached the mailing list, you can check the
archives here: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2.) You've already found the answer to your question, but I wanted to
make sure it was clear.  The command you were looking for in the case
of pull request 444 was:
git pull https://github.com/wkk91193/incubator-fineract
extend-mifos-data-import-tool-branch-all-modules

Basically you're telling git where to get the code from.  In this case
it's in the github account of the user who created the pull request.
This is not a standard case either since the its in a repo in that
account which has a slightly different name than the repo the pull
request was made to.  The second parameter to git pull is the name of
the branch within that repository being pulled from.

I hope that helps.  I'm going to try to find a way to make this less
of a stumbling block.

I'll be more responsive for the coming week.  If you want to ask me
questions on the list, now is a good time.

Best Regards,
Myrle